Friday, December 28, 2018

Previews of Print Portfolios Now Available for Collectors


#1. A Beautiful View Series - Sugarlift Aquatints from 2010



 Individual prints are in editions of 60.



#2. Grasses Series - Monoprints from 2012 - 2016







First image: "26 Grasses"
Date: 2012
Medium: monoprint and aquatint
Dimensions: 8"x 24"
Edition of 10
Please click on this link to see each print in this series: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4l34bwx7oo0r5a7/AACeJ57wxkxORWWo3Eao4PgEa?dl=0 

Story of the first print in this series:

"I counted twenty-six different species of native grasses from alongside my dirt driveway around my birthday last month. I gathered them to make a palette. First, I created a soft ground monoprint, painting in with a brush a few shadows of the grasses that were placed in the ground. After printing once in translucent carbon black, I placed more grasses on the copper plate and we printed again in sepia. With each print, I felt like I was painting a monoprint story, having a conversation between the precious species diversity some of us are fighting to protect and my own willingness to participate with others in that struggle. The grass seeds survived the printing and will be planted where I originally found them." - Aviva Rahmani 2012

Enlarged views and further information on request: ghostnets@ghostnets.com.

1 comment: